Nasz portal stosuje pliki cookies w celach świadczenia Państwu usług na najwyższym poziomie oraz w celach statystycznych. Konfigurację obsługi plików cookies możecie Państwo znaleźć w ustawieniach swojej przeglądarki.
Tourist Information  Informacja Turystyczna  contact us:  +48 52 340 45 50  e-mail  facebook  twitter instagram BIP 

Master Twardowski, Bydgoszcz

The sorcecer’s stay in our city was narrated by Józef Ignacy Krasicki in his novel „Mistrz Twardowski” (eng. Master Twardowski) published in 1840.

The novel includes a splendid description of Twardowski’s arrival at the city, mounting a rooster (other tales say he got to the old market on a chair). Once in Bydgoszcz, Master headed to Zgorzelec Inn, where he came to live along with his servant Maciek and two little fiends – Smołka and Węgliszek.  That is where he admitted those seeking his help. When rumour started spreading all around the city that Master is adept at magic which saved many unfortunates, there wasn’t a nobleman or other man of means who didn’t seek his counsel. One of the visitors was the mayor, who was already very old, yet married to a young woman. As the poor man could never keep up with his wife, he asked Twardowski to make him younger again.  Master, with the aid of his minions, concocted a potion from magical herbs and bathed the old man in it. After a few hours, the mayor left the cauldron utterly rejuvenated. Unfortunately, upon his return home, none of his servants, nor even his wife were able to recognise the man.
Everyday at 1.13 p.m. and 9.13p.m. Master Twardowski leans out of the window of a tenement at Stary Rynek 15 (old market) to greet whoever is present. It is the exact same place where he used to do his magic.

Other legends:

The Legend of a tresure on the Mill Island

The Legend of Angelika

The Legend of the Archer

The Legend of the executioner

The Legend of Węgliszek the Fiend

 

Bydgoszcz, Sloneczny Mlyn Hotel 96 Jagiellońska Street was once occupied by a steam-powered mill, opened around 1862, which was originally owned by the Wolfen & Fließ company, and from 1892 - by Baerwald & Co., which had successfully competed with the mills on Mill Island.

Saint Andrew Bobola Church, Bydgoszcz, fot. R.Sawicki

Saint Andrew Bobola Church was built at the beginning of the 20th century and until 1945, served the Evangelical community. After the agreement with the Augsburg church it was claimed by the Catholic church.

Casimir the Great Monument

Casimir the Great Monument by Mariusz Białecki was unveiled in the New Market in the 660 anniversary of granting Bydgoszcz with civic rights by Casimir the Great. The monumental sculpture presents the king on a horse with the civic rights document

...
November 2018
M T W T F S S
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 1 2

News

Newsletter

e-mailfacebooktwitterfoursquareinstagramBIP

Tourist Information

2 Batorego street

tel. +48 52 340 45 50

info@visitbydgoszcz.pl